Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jiu jitsu's getting scary again...

Today's been snuggle-tastic. I worked on the blue belt exam some and afterward, sat through watching KickboxerInstructor prep for his brown. I was surprised at how much I understood, but there were a few moments in there...a few sweeps from spider, a few attacks from half that made me feel like I did earlier this year, watching another student take his exam from brown. "No WAY you could learn that."

And that thought is progress. Before, I'd think, "No WAY you could do that." Now I worry about understanding and competent execution. I no longer think my body is incapable of things. A bit earlier in the afternoon, I noticed something else. I needed a sweep from spider and realized I had multiple to choose from off the top of my head, one of which I knew how to modify simply because I understood the mechanics. Quality. 

No comments: