Tuesday, November 15, 2011

See ya later, Granny.

To the grandmother who after 96 years on this earth, many of the early ones painfully hard, still had hope, an enjoyment of life, bones harder than a middle aged man and a memory better than mine...
To the woman who knew, that if Chuck Norris got into a knife fight, the knife would lose and wore the shirt proudly...
To the woman who lived through the Great Depression, WWII, the Civil Rights movement, Vietnam, Korea, The Persian Gulf war, came out with fond memories and knew we could get through our issues now too...
To the woman who slept with a machete by her bed...
To the woman who gave me the genes to cook like I mean it...
To the grandmother who saw nothing wrong with a brownie and a Budweiser for breakfast...
To the amazing lady who showed me the meaning of real faith and prayer...
To the woman whose first response to my training BJJ was "that's my girl"...

Good bye, I love you, miss you and on this amazingly beautiful day, thank you, now and forever, for being a part of my life. 

9 comments:

Georgette said...

My sympathies on your loss. She's obviously with you always in your heart :)

Laura said...

I'm sorry that you've lost your granny.

I know it's going to be a sad day when Grandma goes.

I'm in awe of the women of that generation, they're tough!

Jonna || Pink Jiujitsu said...

Your granny obviously lived an amazing life! Condolences to you and your family.

Megan said...

Thanks everybody:)

Deborah Clem said...

A beautiful post! She sounds like she was a real woman's woman.

Shark Girl said...

So sorry for your loss.

Manny said...

So sorry for your loss Megan. My hear goes out to you and your family .

Megan said...

Thanks everybody:)

Unknown said...

Love it!!!