Monday, March 5, 2012

New gym! Baller locker rooms! Great deal for new students!

So I feel like I've turned some sort of subtle jiu jitsu corner...maybe it's the new gym (with the magical locker rooms...the ladies have two showers!), maybe the blue belt is starting to sink in, maybe it was attending my first event outside of training classes this past weekend...not sure and it really doesn't matter, but I feel more comfortable than I have in a very long time. Standing guard passes don't send me into instant doldrums of frustration, I'm finally starting to see the difference between pressure and weight, and bottom side control...well I'm still freezing and letting people settle their weight, but I can see enlightenment somewhere around the corner.

Tonight was very good, if only because this is the first time I've felt no limitation in drilling passing from standing. My cartilage deprived knees crackled and snapped as usual, but no pain, even now. We'll see what the morning brings, but I have hope that tomorrow will not involve Advil. I'm using my lassos more freely and open guard...I see a chance of actually passing Jazz Hands'...didn't actually happen and I got choked eight ways from Sunday (kept forggeting that you can actually be submitted while passing), but again, another light. So yeah...to quote Ice Cube, today was a good day.

Oh yeah!! The gym is running a REALLY nice deal for the opening month...so if you're in Palm Beach County, classes are just $100 a month to train at American Top Team if you sign up before April. Click here for more info. 

2 comments:

A.D. McClish said...

Can I just say how jealous I am that you have a ladies locker room at your gym?!?!?!?! LUCKY!!! ;)

Megan said...

I know!!! Once we have our grand opening I seriously will post pictures. We've never had one before and it's just great. I feel so spoiled.